NZ Apples & Pears Inc. is the representative organisation for the New Zealand pipfruit industry. NZ Apples & Pears is a body corporate duly incorporated under the Incorporated Societies Act 1908 with its registered office at 507 Eastbourne Street West, Hastings
The objectives of NZ Apples & Pears are:
- To provide New Zealand pipfruit growers with technical, economic and marketing information resources to enable them to be the world's best possible pipfruit producers
- To represent New Zealand growers nationally and internationally in a manner which ensures New Zealand growers have a competitive advantage in the market.
The marketing, economic and policy parts of the objectives are the direct responsibility of NZ Apples & Pears and the provision of technical information services is also NZ Apples & Pears's responsibility.
The objectives of NZ Apples & Pears are expected to be provided through:
- Encouraging and providing opportunities for New Zealand growers to discuss matters of commercial importance to their businesses.
- Providing New Zealand growers with the opportunity to have their commercial opinions presented in a united manner, at both a regional and national level.
- Providing growers with an economic, marketing and policy information services that will ensure they are able to make sound commercial decisions.
- Providing an industry information and policy advisory service to regional and national politicians, marketing and logistical companies, and international organisations to ensure New Zealand grower opinions are understood.