National Horticultural Field Days
2 June 2021 - Hawke's Bay Showgrounds, Hastings
The National Horticultural Field Days is an industry-only, two-day business to business event, it is proudly New Zealand’s only focused Horticultural event. Creating a fantastic opportunity for professional development, showcasing Innovation & Technology and getting face to face with Horticultures stakeholders. This event is key for the entire horticultural industry; from students, on the ground workers, entry level personnel, through to mid and senior managers and CEO’s.
The National Horticultural Field Days brings the horticulture community together for a business opportunity, celebrating Horticulture in New Zealand.
Wednesday 2 - Thursday 3 June 2021
The National Horticultural Field Day has enjoyed success within its current format for a number of years. Industry stakeholders have requested changes for the 2019 event which include:
- Increase duration of the event to two days
- Educational focus on highlighting careers across the industry, emphasis placed on the different careers from planting stage through to the produce being purchased at store;
- Key note speakers from inspirational young leaders, recent graduates and Hawke’s Bay Fruit Growers Competition winners during day and powerful panel session / networking function Wednesday night;
- Breakout sessions during the day highlighting the “rock stars” of the industry, how they got to their current job, what they are doing and where do they plan to go next (driven by industry and key event stakeholders);
- Innovation to include robotics and key technology changes across sector;
- Opportunites to network and socialise
- Planned demonstrations programme
The National Horticultural Field Days are now established as the most significant Horticulture focused event on the industry calendar.